Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Most Boring Post in This Time or Any Other

I haven't written anything beyond Facebook posts for over two years now, and I have no good reason.

While I miss working, I do enjoy having summers free. We make soft plans for the week and then execute them (or not) depending on weather/mood/gas in car.

Right now the oldest two are creating wallets out of printing paper while the youngest just announced she was taking a nap on the couch. Later it will probably be faxing items, running to the library (Bella has a tag to pick up for reading three hours this week), watching movies before we have to return them, and swimming.

Yesterday swimming was cut short because the girls had a head collision resulting in Ava getting a huge bloody nose. Five minutes of pinching alternating with ice pack later, she was fine except for a slight purple tinge.

This isn't too exciting but I'm still trying to wake up. Getting up in the mornings sometimes feels like how I imagine swimming through molasses would be. It's like I almost have to pull myself out of bed. And for some reason, in my dream, I went from being a customer at a restaurant to the world's worst bartender (ten minutes for a Bloody Mary? And then I put whiskey in it? What is this even).

Well, my Cuban coffee is gone (nooooooo) so hopefully it will kick in and I can get started on the day. Pretty sure the kids have already fit in their cartoon/video game time while I was sleeping and I can hear some weird car game going on.

On a side note, I think the house is tidier with everyone home than when they are at school? What does this say about my organizational skills?

Also, I keep looking for emojis on my laptop keyboard to inset in my wrtiting. That's how long it's been since I actually sat down and typed on a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment