Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Well, one of my resolutions was to work more on my writing, but honestly, I haven't been very good at keeping it so far.

Not that I haven't wanted too-but-there's Christmas, and feeding, and doctor's appointments, and more feedings, and late-night wake up, screaming and more feedings, and trying to clean and eat and bathe and sleep in between, plus we went on a 5-day road trip to Brunswick GA, Savannah, and Ocala, FL to meet family and friends, and I just now got everything almost in order again.

Today's actually the first day I feel rested; mostly because I fell asleep around 8 or 9 am and didn't get up until noon. Wait no; it was 1 pm. I don't know why sleeping on the couch feels so good, but honestly I think it trumps the bed sometimes.

Of course we've shot hundreds of photos and video of our daughter, which I make sure to post regularly. Right now she is sleeping in half of her monkey outfit, storing her energy for 2 am, where she will scream for about 30 minutes non-stop, refusing to be comforted. Then, when it seems all is hopeless, she will finally accept the nursing/bottle/rocking that we have tried over and over. And all our frustration will be temporarily forgotten.

Anyway, this was just a quick note. I do have definite posts in mind, and will be adding them now that the holidays are over and we have no more trips planned for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment