Monday, May 9, 2011

The Past Three Days

My sister is doing well with her pregnancy. I watched my niece while Becky went for her ultrasound. Cami and I made brown sugar cookies with sprinkles for Mother's Day. I had Bella strapped in her bouncer, on the farther safe side of the kitchen (away from stoves, utensils, and anything that might fall) so she could be a part of things.

Saturday was the kids' confirmation. The Archbishop spoke. The ceremony was beautiful and so was his...is it a sermon in the Catholic church? I don't know. Whatever you call it, it really spoke to me. After we had a wonderful luncheon at my in-laws. The food was delicious and the company was great. I saw a couple Hilda introduced me to, they have a son two months older than Bella and are expecting another one. I haven't seen them since the Super Bowl, even though we talk on Facebook a lot, so we enjoyed catching up.

I felt bad because with Al's illness, we haven't had a chance to buy my sister-in-law's quincenera present, or gifts for the confirmation. I think we are just taking them out for a completely fun, non-religious night, and taking Gabi out for her birthday separately.

I had two articles published and realized I had typos in THE HEADLINES I overlooked. I don't want to promote them because it's very embarrassing.

Mother's Day was nice. I received a gorgeous card from Al with Bella's hand outlined. We also did hand and feet outlines for the grandmothers' cards. My mother received a cute "spa set" with robe, head towel and shower mesh. We also got Hilda some fancy Lindt chocolates that were mini desserts like Tiramisu, Creme Brulee, etc. The Barcelos bought me two gorgeous shirts, a cute pair of flip flops and some bubble bath. I didn't really rest or relax, because I had laundry to do and Bella's been very fussy lately, so she requires a lot of attention. She likes constant stimulation, and mostly catnaps during the day, so there's not really a lot of rest. I did get a two hour nap in Friday thanks to my mom, so I guess I shouldn't gripe. It's more than most people get.

I'm really trying to be more optimistic and count my blessings, I don't know why it's so hard. Everyone informs my that I don't have post-partum depression since I actually function, so I guess I'm just being selfish. Anyway, I didn't mean to end this on a down note (see? there I go being a big old grouch) so I WILL say that I plan on taking Bella for a nice long walk later this afternoon, and then maybe some pool time. I think that will help, plus I can get some exercise in while spending time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment