Monday, May 9, 2011

Second Thoughts

After I finished writing my post, I went and sat with my mom for a bit. Then I took Bella's playyard and bouncer outside by the pool. I set her up in that, made a bowl of cereal and grabbed my Kindle, and read some Wind in the Willows aloud while feeding her some lunch. I know she is too young to understand, but since I found out you can download some classic books for free, I have been acquiring title upon title. I loved the Adventures of Mr. Toad as a kid,, and always wanted to read the book. So, it's mainly more for me, but she does seem to like the voices.

After lunch, she napped in her playyard and I floated around the pool, tanned, and did some yoga outside. I felt a LOT better after all this. Later, sitting with my parents and brother, listening to Bob Marley, I thought about how hard Al works during the week, and rarely gets to have days where he can be lazy like I was today. In fact, he's been sick the past two weeks, so he's really had a rough time. I wish I could think of that more often and remember how lucky I am. Because I really am blessed.

I also received this fantastic photo album from my other mother-in-law, Irma. It's 100 pictures of Anna Bella, all taken from camera phone pics and/or Facebook pics, and they look great! There were some I hadn't even seen, and my favorite one of her. It's sitting by my computer right now. I've looked at it probably about ten times since receiving it.

Well, I have laundry to put away and Bella is demanding more airplane time, so I must go for now. I just wanted to write a "quick" note reiterating that I do know I am a very lucky and loved person, and also to put a thankful note at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment