Thursday, June 9, 2011

Leaps and Bounds

I can't believe the speedy evolution of our daughter's personality. She definitely is our child, because she is drawn towards shoes and books like they are filled with the tastiest milk and cereal. She loves her baths, although sometimes I have to keep an arm constantly against her chest, lest she fling herself out. She enjoys having the shower had rain down on her and playing in the spray, to the point where her bounces thrust her mini tub down the length of the bath.

She can't quite crawl yet, but moves herself around rather quickly in circles. She does get her knees up, but then goes, "Wait let's just go straight to walking," which doesn't work just yet.

She loves her giraffe, hearing daddy on the phone (oh yeah, she loves phones too. And remotes), and her bouncer.

She still wakes up screeching sometimes, and cries in her sleep throughout the night, but I've started her bedtime routine earlier and that seems to help. Last night she wouldn't go to bed but on the whole she's been sleeping until about 1 or 1:30 in the morning, and then is up till three, then back to bed until 7. Somehow this works for me; I think because from 6:30 till 1:00 am she's asleep and I can wind down and get some rest before fireworks.

We've definitely had to be careful regarding what's in her reach. I vacuum more and do a quick sweep of any cords or objects she could pull on herself. Two months ago I didn't have to give this a passing thought.

She is very strong-willed, loves to talk and laugh. She can get mad in a second though. I'm talking from screaming with laughter to wailing in anger. She loves cereal and so far, all her veggies.

Each day I learn something new and am enjoying her company.

No comments:

Post a Comment