Thursday, July 29, 2010

Brain Zombie and Fruit Flies

Today one of my very sweet friends/coworkers remarked that it was a "good thing I was generally happy." And, usually, that is how I'd describe myself. It's on my little Facebook blurb, for the love of God. I can't remember the exact context, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with pregnancy. Because, yes, I'm becoming one of those pregnant ladies who love to talk about pregnancy and babies and blah blah, plus with the wedding and all that, I'm sure I'm becoming a great big bore.

Well, as my last post was showing, I am definitely not happy a lot. I guess "general" is still a good description, but the past few days have been either high crying stress to almost valium calm, and then just brain dead. I sleep about 11 hours a day/night now, when you factor in naps, and it's been harder to stay up and concentrate. Usually I end up laying in bed with the fan blasting and reading my summer fiction, chick-lit or celebrity biography; things i don't have to concentrate on. We're still trying to get a reception list together, and I have zillions of things to do, but I just declared these past few days off and, besides work, the occasional email, and maybe 5 minutes on the gift registry, I just can't seem to get it together.

Today we tried an experiment. My landlord on the other side has this AWFUL fruit fly problem, and we can't locate the source, but I thought we could at least try and get rid of the living ones. I found some solutions on this site , so now he has: a 1 liter bottle of old apple juice I found in the fridge with a trap made out of a paper towel (I couldn't find coffee filters and three glasses/jars full of dishwasher soap, water and vinegar, with plastic wrap tops poked with hoes, sitting on his window sill, kitchen counter, and in his pantry. I also poured bleach down his drains and left him a note explaining everything so he knows it's more than just crazy pregnant lady antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment