Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting It Together

We are establishing more of a routine now. Al's been working for almost a full week, and I FINALLY got a doctor's appointment for next Tuesday! We are really relieved about that. Tuesday we had Date Night and celebrated with a delicious Cuban dinner at Little Havana, this amazing restaurant in Deerfield Beach. For only $36.00, we ate croquettes and mariquitas for appetizers, Al had the palomilla with rice and beans while I had two pork chops, rice, beans and plantains for entrees, rolls, Sprite (for me), El Presidente (for Al), and of course, yucca and lots of mojo. We brought back half our meals! There was a mountain of food for us, and for once, I exercised caution and did not stuff myself into a coma (although I came dangerously close).

Their website has been temporarily down for "exceeded bandwidth," but I will provide a link when it's back up.

We ate outside (my body temp was on the fritz, and I needed the cooling 65 degree air), but I did go inside a few times. The decor is nice, with large paintings, some for sale, all of Cuba. The ladies room has the kind of stalls that provide your own private room.

Other than that, I've been mostly around the house cleaning, or running errands with my mom, visiting my grandmother, things like that. I also have been working on my NanoWriMo (although VERY behind), and I started a fun painting.

The only downside is I'm still a bit lonely. I haven't seen my friends since the wedding, and plans I made Monday fell through. With it being the holidays though, people are busy, and of course everyone works but me. People keep telling me to enjoy it while I can, because I'll be super busy after the baby, but to me, that's all the more reason to see my friends. I did get to see my cousin and his super cool wife last night, so was a definite plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment