Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Balancing Act, the First

The first because I'm sure there'll be more to come.

Today was the supposed to be the day we found out the baby's sex. However, due to Baby being all coy, the most we could get is, "I think it's a girl, but I'm not 100%." So, we told them we would pay the $45 charge next visit to get another sonogram, and hopefully we'll have some cooperation.

(I think it is a girl, but Al wants to know for sure. He did want another son, and is used to calling my belly "Little Man." Oh well).

There are two more things rising up that I feel repeating them over and over makes me sound like a shrew, but really I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Okay, first: Al keeps saying he wants to go on a cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. Sounds wonderful, right? Except, we're staying at my parents to save money for a house and keep up with bills and car payments. Also, I'm going to be seven months pregnant. I'm no Betheny Frankel, so I will NOT be cavorting around in a bikini, perfectly thin except for my belly. Besides the fact I'll be huge, I might have some serious jungle growth going on down there. I say I'll get waxed when my bell gets too big for me to shave, but you know I'll probably chicken out.

Also, it's my first trip to the Bahamas, and not only won't I be all cute in my bathing suit with NO body hair, I can't go diving, I can't drink exotic alcohol drinks in coconut shells, and I can't eat shellfish or most seafood. Yay great vacation!!

So I suggested we do it on our one year anniversary. He seems to be ok with that, but every few days he suggests the honeymoon cruise again.

We have agreed we should at least have our own hotel room for our ~*Wedding Night*~ so we can have "alone" time away from the parents' house. I know my parents will endorse this wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment