Sunday, August 8, 2010

Everything Happens When I'm Not Writing

I've spent the past four days in Alabama, in my future in-laws RV. Al's brother Andy got married this Saturday.

I've spent most of this trip sleeping and eating, which means I do not know if my belly is normal baby bump or is now mostly food. While it's been great staying here, I know I have to get back to a normal and healthy eating routine tomorrow.

Tuesday we have our ultrasound! Al's aunt Coqui is taking us, so she will be there when we find out if it's a boy or girl. We're both excited. We talk to the baby constantly and Al will rub my belly while we're laying down or in bed.

I also find out if I can get back to more activity. I'd love to do yoga and some light cardio and weights. It's easy to fall into that "eating for two" trap and just stuff whatever strikes your fancy into your face. If I keep that up, I'm going to be 200 pounds in my wedding dress. That weight isn't only unattractive for a 5'3" girl, it's not healthy. That would be a weight gain of over 50 pounds. Not to mention we wouldn't be able to see the baby kick!

My future in laws have two chihuahuas, Lola and Pepe. They love to beg for food, bark, and hide when you try to pick them up. They are absolutely adorable. Actually, Pepe loves to be cuddled, but Lola's a little trickier. She did let me hold her for a little bit today.

The wedding was gorgeous. It was held at Mathews Manor in Argo, Alabama.

(Al just came inside and kissed me. His breath was heavy on the tobacco. Yuk!)

Thia place is gorgeous. Lots of fountains and plants, beautiful buildings, lots of space. The colors were red, white and black-very simple and classy. The men were very handsome in their black tuxes with red ties, and the bridesmaids had Grecian style floor length gowns in red. The food was buffet style, with a mashed potato bar, sliced meat for sandwiches, fruits, pasta salad, and veggies. The bride's cake was layers of vanilla and chocolate, and the groom's was red velvet with a Florida Gators theme.

The ceremony music was performed by Act of Congress. There was a DJ for the ceremony. We took back big bricks of cake, and Jimmy (future pop-in-law) just brought home another whole cake. We have cake coming out of our ears, eyes, nose and fridge. I will say, though, this new cake, which is also a red velvet, is incredibly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment