Monday, August 23, 2010

RIP

My Old Navy sandals were not attractive, and very earth mothery, but they were so comfortable. My ankles never turned in them, my feet didn't ache, and the straps didn't suddenly decide to unbuckle mid-walk, making my foot take a sharp slide forward and hit the pavement, scraping my nail polish and bruising my toe. Do you know how weird it is to bruise a TOE?

Plus, since most of my shoes have been getting a little too tight for my pregger feet, these babies were a total godsend.

Unfortunately, I guess my precious shoes were unaccustomed to daily use, and today I finally had to throw them out after the sole of my right one came completely off. It had been coming apart for about two weeks now, but today was the ultimate rip. After I finally located another pair of sandals (out of 5 pairs, all i can find is the left shoe from each one. What the hell?), I bid my beloved ugly shoes a fond farewell and chucked them. Of course, these are a pair that provide no support and seem to have a goal of crippling me, so they are VERY temporary.

I guess the time is drawing near to invest in comfy ballet flats and sturdy shoes. A size bigger, too, it looks like. *Sigh* I was really hoping to avoid the swollen feet part, seeing as how I'm 5'3" and wear a size 9. C'mon, baby, you're making me look like a crazy cartoon character.

No comments:

Post a Comment